7 Feb 2013

Rose Flower Tutorial

            I want to thank my blogger pals for the appreciation they have given to my doily n rose card.Few of them had requested  tutorial on roses n doily.So here is a tutorial for making paper rose ! I am not an expert in making paper flowers so I cannot say its the perfect way .I am sharing the steps I followed  !( Its very lengthy post as I have explained the steps from scratch ! )

Step 1 .For the roses I used three 8 petal flowers.If you have punches then you need not follow initial steps.I have used colored chart paper. I started with a  squares of 4cm by 4cm.The size may vary according to size of flower you want.


Step 2. Fold the square diagonally.

Step 3. Fold the triangle again in half .

Step 4. Fold it one more time in half.

Step 5.Draw a petal shape on it.

Step 6. Cut the shape.


Step 7.Open up and cut along the folded lines(marked with black)Don't cut up to center just half way.So the petals can spread nicely.


Step 8.Cut three flowers following above steps .Sprinkle some water  and Scrunch them into ball.


Step 9.While still moist open the petals gently( If the paper is too thin the petals may tear off !) and color along the edges.Due to moisture the color will spread and we get a natural shading effect.


Step 10.Let the flowers dry completely.Then cut them as shown


Step 11.Keeping in mind how the real rose petal look ,roll the triangular edges of the petal backwards.You can use a toothpick or quilling tool for it.This is how the petals look from backside.

 Step 12.Emboss the center of each part to get a cup shape (You can use back of pencil or brush for this ) Then glue the cuts of the petals. Roll the single petal into a cone.Slightly shape the petals while doing so.


Step 13. Glue these layers one by one at center starting from the largest.Glue only in the center and place the petals of each layer such that the gap between petals of previous layer is cover by petal of upper one. And the beautiful rose is ready !


You can see the card made using these flowers here . As I said Its not the only way and you can experiment with shape, size and number of petals.If you don't want big rose you can make 2 small roses by using the layers of 4,3,2,1 petals.Having more petals gives fuller look to the rose you can make them with 6,5 petal flowers also.

These are few more roses in different sizes .I made these roses with same steps as stated above except for misting water,scrunching and shading.I have cut the shapes embossed them ,rolled the edges and then glued the layers.


I hope I have explained it clearly if you have any doubts do comment I will try to help.

29 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful rose flower, thanx for the tutorial pooja..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wao!..Your rose really looks beautiful Pooja!..I am so gonna try this!..Thank you so much for the tutorial! :) ...Though I have a question..You have mentioned here that you have used century paper to make the flower..Is this same as Crepe paper..??..I am asking .because I have never heard about the century paper before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!!! What an amazing idea and superb tutorial!!! Gotta bookmark this one for later! Thanks so much
    Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Pooja!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow pooja...nice tutorial bt wat is century paper...in the above pics it is looking alike kite paper bt that is too thin to bear water...plz rply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowieeee.. Pooja!! this is really creative and fantastic.. will try it for sure. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks much for sharing with clear pics and neat instructions...Superb, Pooja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice tutorial Pooja..thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful ...pinning this too Pooja..I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow thanks for the tut..would try it soon..:)love the rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful flower,love your tute.
    I have recently received a blog award and I am supposed to pass it on to 7 people.I chose you.Please go to my blog and pick the details from there.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for completing my request so soon :) Wow!! you are good at doing tutorials .. you have special magic in your hand .. to make rose that perfect but i will try :) when i get better ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the tutorial! These roses are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look so lovely. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome rose...thanx 4 the tutorial..!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of the most beautiful paper roses i have ever seen... You made a perfect tutorial.. God knows when i am gonna get time to make hand made flowers :/ I will surely give it a try when time permits. Thanks for the tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb Pooja...Thank you...BTW is it kite paper?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey those roses look real ...nice tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice tutorial, thanks for sharing!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fantastic tutorial. Thanks so much Pooja for taking the time to do this. I have bookmarked this and hope to give it a try real soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These must be by far the best roses I have seen in blogland. Love their natural look. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous roses and great tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply gorgeous! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic tut...easy to follow & really clear instructions- looks great:):)

    ReplyDelete
  26. fabulous flower...thank you so much for sharing this tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an amazing tutorial! I would love to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Pooja for letting me know about your tutorial. I mostly did my roses in your way but the edge shading thing while moist was new for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)