14 May 2013

Quilled doll


I had started to quill this doll even before I started blogging,but left it incomplete.Thanks to Shylaashree's quilling challenge finished it now .


Before you mention it,I agree the the colors look very uneven that is because I haven't used normal colored quilling strips.I have used  paper from old calender  to cut the strips, I quilled keeping the printed side inwards, so only white side shows.Quilled all the parts separately and then colored them.The paper being glossy did not hold the colors properly so used white glue,water color mixture that is why the uneven  n coarse colors.


I haven't used teardrop shape for palms but quilled the thumb, fingers and palm separately and then glued them together and shaped them a bit(ya..ya I know it is resembling a skeleton's hand !!)


I tried to give some pattern to her dress  with strips.Used an old price tag to cut strips for her hairs as is study and so retains shape plus it shines !! Finished of by adding a small rose in one hand  and a hat !
I know i have to work a lot on 3D quilling to get it correct . Suggestions are welcome and so are comments :D !

Linking it to :
Adhiraa creations : Blog Anniversary week 2 Challenge
Dynamic Duos :One year Anniversary Celebration (Colors from DD#32 pretty in pink and rose red)
Challenges 4 Everybody  :#20 Anything goes
Our creative corner : Anything goes

28 comments:

  1. Goodness, what an amazing little creation! The hands alone must have taken you ages. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know wt Pooja! Literally I was opening my mouth and typing this comment.. Girl! you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the first one i know to recycling things in a brillant way,super duper, i dont know when iam going to learn to quill dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, This is so beautiful. Agree with above comment. Your way of recycling is just amazing.
    Keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely doll. Respect for your brilliant recycling craft. Keep it up Pooja!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Love this. I think the unevenness gives it extra texture. Way to go on the upcycling too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous work Pooja !! I totally agree with Yvonne that the uneveness in your quilling makes your quilled doll look more beautiful ..you know I remember when intially you started to follow me and leave comments on my blog this doll's pic used to be your profile pic ..and whenever i come across a 3d quilled project I am instantly reminded of you :)..Your work is always so innovative and you are never afraid to try anything new ..I love dropping by your blog to see just what you have created !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pooja, this is beautiful, loved the hair and the hat the most!!
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Pooja, I just love how you create magic from mundane objects which most of us would throw away! The coarse texture adds character to the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job, love that you used recycling papers !!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. this brilliant, u always do in a different way, i love the quilling doll. good luck and thanks for linking it to my
    Week 2 blog anniversary challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...very nice..you always amazes us with recycling...

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving those kind words. I always think quilling 3D figure is a challenging task. So far I've only tried simple 3D stuffs. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is amazing and very different! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody :)
    Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what an awesome project. So much patience must have gone into this. Love the color duo you choose. Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this is amazing. thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! You really have a talent quilling . Awesome project!!! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Upcycling at its best, Pooja...Always u amaze with ur brilliance in recycling stuffs...lovely doll:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. very different and absolutely amazing.i have never seen anything like this esp quilled before

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow the arms move! You're very brave to create a miniature. I don't think I have the eye to figure out how much is needed for what to create the perfect structure. Keep working on it! You'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. flower in the doll's hand looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a clever make - wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just adorable, great job.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. What suggestions? She is wonderful! I love her color and her hat!!! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)