I had started to quill this doll even before I started blogging,but left it incomplete.Thanks to Shylaashree's quilling challenge finished it now .
Before you mention it,I agree the the colors look very uneven that is because I haven't used normal colored quilling strips.I have used paper from old calender to cut the strips, I quilled keeping the printed side inwards, so only white side shows.Quilled all the parts separately and then colored them.The paper being glossy did not hold the colors properly so used white glue,water color mixture that is why the uneven n coarse colors.
I haven't used teardrop shape for palms but quilled the thumb, fingers and palm separately and then glued them together and shaped them a bit(ya..ya I know it is resembling a skeleton's hand !!)
I tried to give some pattern to her dress with strips.Used an old price tag to cut strips for her hairs as is study and so retains shape plus it shines !! Finished of by adding a small rose in one hand and a hat !
I know i have to work a lot on 3D quilling to get it correct . Suggestions are welcome and so are comments :D !
Linking it to :
Adhiraa creations : Blog Anniversary week 2 Challenge
Dynamic Duos :One year Anniversary Celebration (Colors from DD#32 pretty in pink and rose red)
Challenges 4 Everybody :#20 Anything goes
Our creative corner : Anything goes