2 Jun 2013

Mixed Media Tag


My first attempt at mix-media project.I had seen so many wonderful mix media projects with texture paste by Yvonne and wanted to try it some day.Recent post by Lizzy just triggered the  urge and here I am with my first experiment with home made texture paste !



This tag has lots of up-cycling .I started with a price tag which comes with outfits ,covered it with thick white paper from both sides and stitched it.

price tag
Then I applied home made gesso(white glue/fevicol + white acrylic paint) on it and layer it with gauze and again coated it with gesso.

Tag with gesso and gauze layer
I made a texture paste with talc + white glue +white acrylic paint .Got this recipe from net(Mix the texture paste mixture well or it will look grainy). I had planned to mix color in it and then apply it with stencil, but in excitement of using texture paste used it without colors.So gave some water-color splats later.I don't have a stencil yet so used a plastic lid which had big holes on it as stencil.



            Done with the background it was time to embellish it.For that I used some silk trims


Made a braid with it .


I wanted to use something other than flowers so used pistachio shell.Colored them with acrylic paint and glued some plastic beads on it.The feathers are from garden.The translucent paper from tea-bag and the rectangular plastic beads from old jewelry.Except white acrylic paint everything used on this tag is more than year old !This is vey different from my earlier project so I need your feedback about it !

Linking for :
Lessology  : Challenge # 25 For the love of  fabric.
Moxie Fab World : Tuesday Trigger - Feather Weather
Inspired by : # 77
Anything But a Card : challenge # 20 Dust off old supplies.



26 comments:

  1. Girl...you are amazing!! I LOVE this one to bits... would you mind if I use your recipe for home made gesso??? I too want to try this technique..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Thanks a ton for the idea for the gesso and texture paint...wanted to try it since a long time...but didnt know how to..
    Beautiful tag and love the shells you have used for embellishing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey so beautifullly done, thanks for the tips. ahhhh i love your braid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely Pooja, love the silk trim braid!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the braid Pooja..nice MM project..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooooo clever! I love how you improvised with your homemade texture paste and gesso! That's sooooo cool! And I'm glad you found something at home for your stencil too....those are the best!
    The tag turned out super spectacular! I love the amazing textures and colours and the fabulous braid! And those pistachio shells are the cutest embellishments! Upcycling at its very best!!!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....Such a great mixed media tag, Pooja..U made such beautiful textures with such simple things and wonderfully done...Kudos to ur clever ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! loved the techniques!! very clever project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag! Love that braided ribbon & the circles look fabulous...glad I inspired you to DO it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post and tag.Do you realize this one qualifies for the current challenge too?I just loved the way you made that homemade gesso...fab technique which shall be dutifully copied. .Very clever techniques used and no wonder a fantastic project

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...Very nice tag.. Love the braid using silk trims...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was a great way of reusing, love the way u used tea bag ...

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Pooja! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice Pooja. Love the idea of pistaschio's shells.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful tag.. love the texture n shells..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tag. I like the idea of using pistachio shells and silk trim braid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have done an excellent job of it Pooja despite it being your first such project. Shows what a talented crafter you are.
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations pooja on winning lessology

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on ur win pooja..... Jus now getting to c ur fantastic creation, no wonder it has won. N btw all ur projects are wonderful, happily following u

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely texture tag looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of all Congrats on your win at Lessology Pooja :) ..Its so so well deserved ..I just loved everything about your tag and like others above me I am really thankful to you for sharing your tips and techniques on making homemade gesso and texture paint .And I can't wait to give it a try ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation Pooja. This is really innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very well done! I'm going to look at 'junk' differently now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)