14 Aug 2015

Thanks



Hello friends ! Sharing a Layered CAS card Today .Catchy girls are celebrating August with a challenge each week.Second week's challenge is set by Dr.SOnia to create handmade flowers.If you know her you must be aware of her love for handmade flowers n pop-up cards and she has shared numerous tutorial on her blog.She is an inspiration for me  and that is why, I wanted to make something different !
 

I started with a top folding card and adhered a embossed cardstock panel over it .I have cut the panel with curved edge and made a border around the edge using Stickles.


And now the interesting part i;e main embellishment ! can you guess what I have used for the flowers ?
Yes..its Zipper ,I got this idea from a tutorial for creating zipper embellishment using felt and feltwool .I used thick cardstock as base and crushed velvet flock.Glued some rhinestones for interest and finished off with few sequins .

Supplies used :
Doodlebug Crushed Velvet flock
Embossed card stock : Dr.Sonia's RAK  (Thank you !)
Ranger's Stickles - black

Linking it to :
Lessology : # 50 Zip me up  (The zipper is from old dress)
 photo Challenge-50-Zip-me-up-design-team_zpsnie2m25z.jpg

Create Something Cathy Challenges : August Challenge -week #2 with Dr.SOnia 
Virginia's View Challenge #17 : Embellishments (Handmade blooms)
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.in/2015/08/virginias-view-challenge-17.html
613 Avenue Create : # 136 Anything goes

32 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you used a zipper to make flowers!! Brilliant! I love the bold and beautiful colours, what an amazing CAS card!! Not simple at all! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative - love the zipper flowers! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Pooja, love the design , the use of the zipper and the velvet flock !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers Pooja... Love it...I really waited for your project..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Pooja!! Super duper wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Pooja.. lovely blooms with Zipper..love the colors too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is amazing!! I love the zipper flowers!! They are so beautiful!! The embossed background is fabulous!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! The use of zipper is super fabulous Pooja!!! The card is soooo very pretty!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb as always Pooja :) great idea.. the design & colors are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, so cute! I love the bold colors in the thick black outline!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great... such a cute way way u used a zip and making flowers...wow...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Love the pretty bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh MY! Pooja, your creativity has soars beyond even the unexpected! LOVE the curling "unzipped" zipper bringing dimension and visual interest so intriguingly! Love the pops of color and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zipper and felt = winning combo! Love the bold colours too!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very fun and creative! The zipper flowers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so clever! I love the use of the zipper and the bright, bold colours. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so clever! I love the use of the zipper and the bright, bold colours. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card you have created with the use of a . . . . zipper! What a creative talent you have! Happy to be your latest follower! Have a great day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my GOOOODNESSS!!! This is sooooo cool! I'm totally going to have to try this out because it is so stunning. I'm definitely pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are amazing, Pooja! I am literally in awe of this extraordinary creation!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wohoo trust you to come up with something unique and stunning. Love the way the colors and the spiral shape just pop against the white brick embossing!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely zipper spirals. .very unique and nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cannot believe how you've used the zipper! It is sooo fabulous....looks divine! Clever, as always:) Great to see you joining us at LESSology, of course:):)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wowzers ! I think I missed seeing this card before. I have never seen anybody use a zipper as creatively as you did for this card !! Exceptionally creative and stunning as well. A winner in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is brill!! and so creative with the zipper. Thank you for playing with our challenge at LESSology :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. THIS IS AMAZING! I love your out of the box thinking! Super love the edging with the zipper! HUGS for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Liked the idea of zipper. Flowers looks superb. Thanks for playing along with CSCC Aug challenge- week 2. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is so very creative.. i kept zooming in and viewing the 1st pic, trying to guess what it might be.. I thought it was a sort of spring or sthg adhered with strong glue.. great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)